We’re happy to introduce a remarkable project that’s all about adventure, community, and giving back.
N. Andrew Walsh, a musician and dedicated long-distance hiker, is embarking on an unprecedented journey along the E-Paths that promises to make a significant impact on both the world of hiking and humanitarian efforts.
The Mission: Hiking the E-Paths End to End
Starting at Germany’s Kap Arkona and ending in Bolsano, Italy, Andrew will hike the entire length of the E10 trail over several months. This incredible feat aims to achieve what’s never been documented before – completing an entire E-Path as a single through-hike. Under the name “Trekking for Europe,” the project aims to raise the visibility of the E-paths through advocacy and fundraising, so that this incredible resource can be shared by hikers all over the world.
Two Key Goals: Trail Advocacy, Infrastructure Development
This journey isn’t just about personal adventure; it has these main objectives:
1. Supporting the Journey: Funds raised will cover necessities like food, fuel, and occasional overnight stays at campsites during the hike.
2. Supporting the Trails: Funds from this campaign will support the ERA and local organizations to expand and improve the E-Paths, building an international network for cultural and ecological exchange.
Join the Adventure!
A Youtube channel with longer videos is here. See the first video here:
How You Can Help:
1. Spread the Word: Share this project with your hiking community, friends, and family to raise awareness about the E-Paths.
2. Donate: Contribute to support Andrew’s journey, humanitarian causes, and trail development. You can support this work by pledging a paid subscription to the Trekking for Europe Substack.
3. Get Involved: If you have insights or resources to support this mission, please reach out via the blog or social media.
Let’s unite as a hiking community to support this extraordinary endeavor. Together, we can make a lasting impact on the hiking world and humanitarian causes in Europe. This is a long-term project that envisions ongoing work to explore Europe’s natural wonders, to help unite its people in peace, and cultivate a love for the world around us.
Thank you for your support, and let’s wish Andrew the best of luck on this incredible journey!