ERA practices networking and cross-border cooperation among organizations by ensuring respectful treatment, expertise and values in all walking issues.
ERA is well known all over Europe as recognized expert in all walking issues being a relevant, proactive and credible partner.
ERA will be:
a) Furthering walking and mountain-climbing activities, concern for and care of the countryside, protecting nature and the environment;
b) Creating and marking European long-distance paths, protecting these and other international paths and safeguarding their continued existence;
c) Protecting and further developing both rights and traditions with regard to crossing borders in European countries, and Europe’s cultural heritage;
d) Seeking to preserve the right of access to all land, and to create this right where it has hitherto not been guaranteed; this aim is secondary to the protection of natural environment;
e) Strengthening mutual understanding between people;
f) Representing the interests of member associations in international organisations such as the European Union and the Council of Europe;
g) Strengthening the consciousness of people that physical activity is one of the prerequisites for a healthy life.
The plans from 2019 and onwards are
- Provide benefits for our member organisations.
- Prepare, organize, stimulate and support rambling events and activities.
- Actively work with physical networks of E-paths and LQT-BE.
- Establish and maintain cooperation with EU bodies and relevant international organisations and agencies working in fields such as youth and health.
- Develop and implement a financial strategy.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy to contribute to our business model. From these, ERA focus on the following in 2022: