E-paths are the backbone of Europe’s walking trails. E-paths connect national and regional walking trails and provide intercultural experiences across the borders.
E-Paths are the European long distance paths which link the countries from North Cape to Crete and from the Atlantic Ocean to the Carpathians and the Black Sea.
There are 12 E-Paths, bearing the name of E1 to E12. These E-Paths are waymarked and maintained by the members of the European Ramblers Association (ERA – EWV – FERP).
The E-Paths run on existing national or regional trails with their own marking. However, it has been agreed to identify them also with a uniform marking: a blue shield with the yellow stars of Europe, in the middle of which is the letter E and the corresponding number of the E-path. Under the shield is also included the website address of the European Ramblers Association.
Combine the information from Waymarked Trails, Wikipedia and Traildino
Find the 12 E-paths below:
- E1: 7.000 km Nordkapp (N) – Göteborg (S) – Konstanz (D) – Lugano (CH) – Genova (I) – Salerno (I)
- E2: 4.850 km Inverness (GB) – Hoek v Holland (NL) – Antwerpen (B) – Echternach (L) – Chamonix (F) – Nice (F)
- E3: 6.950 km Santiago (E) – Vézelay (F) – Echternach (L) – Fulda (D) – Zakopane (PL) – Ártánd (H) – Nesebâr (BG)
- E4: 12.000 km Tarifa (E) – Grenoble (F) – St-Cergue (CH) – Budapest (H) – Beograd (SRB) – Sofia (BG) – Lanaca (CY)
- E5: 2.900 km Pointe du Raz (F) – Fontainebleau (F) – Kreuzlingen (CH) – Bregenz (A) – Verona (I)
- E6: 6.300 km Kilpisjärvi (FIN) – København (DK) – Goslar (D) – Koper (SLO) – Alexandroupolis (GR)
- E7: 7.000 km El Hierro (E) – Lisboa (P) – Andorra (AND) – Nice (F) – Ljubljana (SLO) – Nowi Sad (SRB)
- E8: 4.500 km Dublin (IRL) – Hull (GB) – Hoek v Holland (NL) – Bonn (D) – Wien (A) – Brasov (RO) – Svilengrad (BG)
- E9: 5.500 km Lisboa (P) – Brest (F) – Hoek v Holland (NL) – Lübeck (D) – Gdansk (PL)
- E10: 2.880 km Nuorgam (FIN) – Potsdam (D) – Praha (CZ) – Salzburg (A) – Bolzano (I)
- E11: 2.070 km Scheveningen (NL) – Osnabrück (D) – Potsdam (D) – Poznań (PL) – Ogrodniki (PL)
- E12: 1.800 km Ceuta (E) – Barcelona (E) – Nice (F) – Genova (I) – Salerno (I) – Koper(SLO)
The data is currently based on Open Source Data on Waymarked Trails and Wikipedia. We will over time improve the data using other sources.