ERA is recommending specific trails on our website.
ERA may recommend trails with certain quality and where all criteria are fulfilled
- The trail is well marked and easy to follow, either by map or electronically
- The trail is properly maintained
- The trail is accepted (or certified) by the local, regional, national or international authorities
- The trail is published on map and properly described
- The trail is accessible with public transport
- The trail is having a name, a brand and a clear purpose
The trail must
- Pass as much nature as possible.
- Pass viewpoints, natural sceneries and cultural points.
- Pass varied and varying landscapes.
- Avoid sealed road and traffic roads, cycling paths as much as possible