Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe, Region – abbreviated Leading Quality Region – guarantees a perfect hiking experience. Whether it’s a day trip with friends or family, a complete hiking vacation without changing accommodation, or a multi-day tour with a lot of luggage. The quality criteria of Leading Quality Regions meet the highest standards in terms of trails, hosts, service and tourist information. Anyone who has ever been to a quality region will consider the Leading Quality Region certification a “must” when choosing a region for vacation.
43 Criteria for the Leading Quality Region – Best of Europe:
- 13 criteria walking trail network/signposting
- 6 criteria host
- 10 criteria service for walkers
- 7 criteria Tourist Office
- 7 criteria organization
Prior to being labelled as a Leading Quality Region, a few conditions must be met.
A Leading Quality Region is a region that:
- is totally dedicated to walking in terms of walking trail infrastructure, accommodation and services
- provides a variety of walking trips of at least 5 days
- is perceived by the guest as a closed region
- markets itself as a closed region
- appears as an organized structure
- has the support of its population for the issue of walking
A Leading Quality Region can of course be part of a greater touristic region, as long as it is well delimited and relatively autonomous. Before any kind of labelling, the status needs to be clarified with the mother region.