The General Assembly approved in 2018 the project Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe, Day Walk. The project should run in 2019-20, it was presented at the General Meeting in 2020.
However the project was delayed due to Corona.
Find the official page for the LQT-BE, Day Walk here.
The further progress will be:
- Train the ERA experts in spring 2023.
- Prepare to roll out the project in 2023 as a LQT program.
- Present the details in 2Q 2023 at a virtual conference on how the program and procedures will be executed.
- Train national experts and trails scouts in 2023 pending the situation and needs.
- Begin to inspect up to 10 trails in different countries and evaluate these and the procedures.
- Train the ERA Inspectors when appropriate.
The procedures and criteria are still under development during the test phase. They will be uploaded to this page when finally approved.