The General Assembly approved in 2018 the project Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe, Day Walk. The project should run in 2019-20, it was presented at the General Meeting in 2020.
However the project was delayed due to Corona.
In 2021 the project was presented at a Know How session at the General Conference in Sibiu.
In 2022 the project was presented at ERA 53rd conference. See the presentation here:
Find the official page for the LQT-BE, Day Walk here.
The further progress will be:
- May 2023: Train the ERA experts.
- May 2023: Upload relevant documents (procedures, prices, criteria, etc.) to this page
- May 2023: Change the project to a LQT program.
- 7 June 2023: Present the details on the 7th of June 2023 at a virtual conference on how the program and procedures will be executed.
- From June 2023: Train national experts and trails scouts pending the situation and needs.
- From June 2023: Begin to inspect and certify up to 10 trails in different countries and evaluate these and the procedures.
- From 2024: Train the ERA Inspectors when appropriate.
The procedures and criteria are still under development during the test phase. They will be uploaded to this page when finally approved.